- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Sections 11, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23(2) and (4), 24, 26, 28, 30, 31, 36, 37, 38, 41(1) to (3) and (6), 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 49(3), 66(2) and 68 of the Act and the provisions specified in paragraphs 12(b), (c), and (d), 13(c), 14(bb)(i) to (iv) and (vi), 14(cc)(i) to (vi) and 15(c) of Schedule 1 to this Order, shall not have effect in relation to any election for which the date of the poll specified in the notice of election issued in relation to that election is on or before 2 May 2007.
2. No application may be made under section 9B(1)(a) of the 1983 Act(1) until 1 June 2007.
3. Where a person has made an application under paragraph 3(1) or (2), 4(1) or (2), or 7(4) of Schedule 4 to the Representation of the People Act 2000(2) prior to 31 December 2006 that has not been determined on or before 31 December 2006, the registration officer must not grant the application unless the applicant has provided to the registration officer a specimen of their signature and their date of birth.
4.—(1) The amendments made to the 1983 Act by—
(a)section 31(8) (which amends rule 57 in Schedule 1 to the 1983 Act);
(b)section 41(4) and (5) (which amend rules 56 and 57 in Schedule 1 to the 1983 Act);
(c)section 41(8) (which amends section 63 of the 1983 Act); and
(d)section 41(9) (which inserts section 66B of the 1983 Act),
of the Act, do not have effect in relation to any documents to which paragraph (2) applies.
(2) This paragraph applies to any documents which have been or must be forwarded to the Clerk of the Crown on or before 2 May 2007, in accordance with—
(a)rule 55 (Delivery of documents to the Clerk of the Crown) in Schedule 1 to the 1983 Act;
(b)regulation 91 (Forwarding of documents) of the Representation of the People (England and Wales) Regulations 2001(3).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: