- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Wireless Telegraphy (Guernsey) Order 2006 and shall come into force on 8th February 2007.
(2) In this Order—
(a)“Guernsey” means the Bailiwick of Guernsey; and
(b)“the 2006 Act” means the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006.
2. The following provisions of the 2006 Act shall extend to Guernsey with the modifications set out in Schedule 1—
in Part 1 (general provision about radio spectrum), sections 1 and 3 to 7;
Part 2 (regulation of radio spectrum) other than section 51;
in Part 3 (regulation of apparatus), sections 54 to 61 and 68;
Part 4 (approval of apparatus etc.);
Part 5 (prohibition of broadcasting from sea or air);
in Part 6 (general), sections 97 to 103, 105 to 108, 110 to 119 and 121 to 126;
Schedules 1 to 3, 5 and 7 to 9.
3. (1) Subject to paragraph (2), subsections 43(1) to (3) and 116(1) and (2) of the Act shall have effect as if an order made by the Secretary of State under subsections 43(4) and 116(3), respectively, and which is for the time being in force in the United Kingdom, had extended to Guernsey.
(2) No order made under subsection 43(4) or 116(3) shall have effect in Guernsey until the day following the day it is registered in the Royal Court of Guernsey, or on the day specified in the instrument for its coming into force, whichever is the later.
4. (1) The instruments mentioned in Part 1 of Schedule 2 are modified as specified in that Part.
(2) The instruments mentioned in Part 2 of Schedule 2 are revoked to the extent specified in that Part.
Deputy Clerk of the Privy Council
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: