- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. An evidence note for treatment shall only be issued with respect to WEEE that has arisen as waste in the United Kingdom and that has been received for treatment at an ATF.
2. An evidence note for recovery or recycling shall only be issued with respect to WEEE that has arisen as waste in the United Kingdom and that has been received for recovery and recycling by a reprocessor.
3. An evidence note for treatment, recovery and recycling shall specify the amount in tonnes of WEEE that has been treated, recovered or recycled by reference to each of the following categories—
(i)each of the categories listed in Schedule 1 (excluding display equipment, cooling appliances containing refrigerants and gas discharge lamps),
(iii)cooling appliances containing refrigerants,
(iv)gas discharge lamps; and
in the case of each category shall specify the amount in tonnes of WEEE from private households and of WEEE from users other than private households.
4. The amount of WEEE in tonnes recorded on an evidence note shall be—
(a)rounded up to the nearest whole tonne where the part tonne is 0.5 or more; and
(b)rounded down to the nearest whole tonne where the part tonne is less than 0.5.
5. Duplicate copies of any evidence note issued by the operator of the AATF shall be retained by that operator of the AATF and made available for inspection by the appropriate authority at all reasonable times.
6. One or more substitute evidence note shall be issued by an operator of an AATF, on request, to the holder of the original evidence note in exchange for the original, provided that—
(a)the aggregate tonnage of any substitute evidence note so issued remains equal to that exchanged;
(b)the substitute evidence note relates to the same year as the original; and
(c)no substitute evidence note which relates to WEEE received for recovery or recycling in any relevant approval period may be issued after 31st January in the year immediately following the end of that relevant approval period.
7. An evidence note for treatment, recovery or recycling shall not be issued by an operator of an AATF for more than the total amount of WEEE—
(a)received for treatment, recovery or recycling at the AATF in the relevant approval period; and
(b)which is capable of being recovered or recycled no later than the end of the year immediately following the end of the relevant approval period.
8. An evidence note for treatment, recovery or recycling shall not be issued by an operator of an AATF in respect of any WEEE that has previously been treated by another AATF.
9. An evidence note shall only be issued by an operator of an AATF to—
(a)an operator of a scheme;
(b)a producer to whom regulation 10(8) applies;
(c)the Secretary of State;
(d)the operator of a designated collection facility; or
(e)an appropriate authority where paragraph 10 applies.
10. Where an evidence note has not been issued by an operator of an AATF on or before 31st January in any relevant approval period in respect of an amount of WEEE received for treatment, recovery or recycling in the relevant approval period that ended on 31st December in the previous year, an evidence note for that amount shall not be issued by an operator of an AATF to any other person than to the appropriate authority on or before 15th February in that year.
11. Where WEEE is treated at an AATF and is subsequently exported, it must be exported by an approved exporter.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: