Conversion of society lottery registrations: transitional provisions
76. (1) Where—
(a)a local authority in England or Wales or a licensing board in Scotland are required under paragraph 74 to register a society under Part 5 of Schedule 11 to the 2005 Act, but
(b)the society is not so registered until after the relevant date (within the meaning of that paragraph),
during the period beginning on that date and ending immediately before the society is so registered (“the transitional period”) Part 4 of that Schedule is to have effect in relation to the society as if modified in accordance with sub-paragraphs (2) to (4) below.
(2) Paragraph 38 of Schedule 11 to the 2005 Act is not to apply to the society during the transitional period.
(3) Paragraph 39 of that Schedule is to have effect during the transitional period as if the reference to the local authority with which the society is registered was a reference to the authority which is required to register the society under paragraph 74 above.
(4) Paragraph 55 of that Schedule is to have effect as if the reference to a statement sent to a local authority under paragraph 39 of that Schedule included a reference to a statement sent under that paragraph in pursuance of sub-paragraph (3) above.
(5) Sub-paragraph (6) applies where—
(a)a lottery is promoted by a society which was registered under Schedule 1 to the 1976 Act immediately before 1st September 2007 (referred to in that sub-paragraph as “the 1976 Act registration”), and
(b)it is promoted wholly or partly in the period beginning on that date and ending on 31st December 2007,
(6) Paragraph 31(3) of Schedule 11 to the 2005 Act is to have effect in relation to such a lottery as if it provided for the lottery to be a large lottery if it is promoted wholly or partly at a time at which the aggregate of the society’s proceeds from society lotteries promoted wholly or partly during the period referred to in sub-paragraph (5) exceeds—
£250,000 – A,
where A is the total value of tickets or chances sold in the period beginning on 1st January 2007 and ending on 31st August 2007 in any lottery promoted in reliance on the 1976 Act registration.