- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
74. (1) This paragraph applies where—
(a)a society is registered under Schedule 1 to the 1976 Act, and
(b)the registration has effect immediately before 1st September 2007.
(2) This paragraph also applies where a society becomes registered under Schedule 1 to the 1976 Act on or after 1st September 2007.
(3) In England and Wales, the local authority which registered the society must on the relevant date, or as soon as practicable after that date, register the society under Part 5 of Schedule 11 to the 2005 Act.
(4) In Scotland, the council which registered the society must on the relevant date, or as soon as practicable after that date, provide the relevant licensing board with the information specified in sub-paragraph (5).
(5) The information to be provided is—
(a)the name and address of the society,
(b)the purposes for which the society is established,
(c)the date on which the society was registered under Schedule 1 to 1976 Act, and
(d)copies of any returns submitted in respect of the society in accordance with paragraph 11 of Schedule 1 to the 1976 Act.
(6) As soon as practicable after receiving the information specified in sub-paragraph (5), the relevant licensing board must register the society under Part 5 of Schedule 11 to the 2005 Act.
(7) In this paragraph—
(a)a reference to registering a society under Part 5 of Schedule 11 to the 2005 Act is to entering the society, together with such information as may be prescribed by regulations in accordance with paragraph 44(a) of that Schedule, in the register kept for the purposes of that Part;
(b)a reference to the relevant date is to—
(i)1st September 2007, or
(ii)in a case falling within sub-paragraph (2), the date on which the society is registered under the 1976 Act; and
(c)a reference to the relevant licensing board is to the licensing board constituted under section 1 of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 1976(1) in whose area are situated the principal premises of the society.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: