Application of Part 5 of the Gambling Act 2005 to converted lottery operating licences
72. (1) Part 5 of the 2005 Act is to be modified as follows in its application to a converted lottery operating licence.
(2) Section 99 (which specifies mandatory conditions of lottery operating licences) is to be modified so that, for the period beginning on the date on which the licence is issued and ending on 31st December 2007, the requirement specified in subsection (3)(b) is that the aggregate of the proceeds of lotteries promoted wholly or partly in reliance on the licence may not exceed—
£10,000,000 – (A + B)
A is the total value of tickets or chances sold in the period beginning on 1st January 2007 and ending on 31st August 2007 in any lottery promoted wholly or partly in reliance on the 1976 Act registration, and
B is the aggregate amount of the proceeds of lotteries promoted wholly or partly under, as the case may be, paragraph 68 or 70.
(3) Sub-paragraph (2) only applies where the converted lottery operating licence is held by a society or local authority to which sub-paragraph (1) of (as the case may be) paragraph 67 or 69 applies.
(4) In sub-paragraph (2), “the 1976 Act registration” means—
(a)in relation to a converted lottery operating licence held by a society, the registration of the society under Schedule 1A to the 1976 Act which had effect immediately before 1st September 2007, and
(b)in relation to a converted lottery operating licence held by a local authority, the registration under Schedule 2 to the 1976 Act which had effect immediately before 1st September 2007.
(5) Sections 110 to 112 (which relate to duration of operating licences) are not to apply.