- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
13.—(1) Amend paragraph 45D(1) (creditor relationships: embedded derivatives which are options) as follows.
(2) In sub-paragraph (1) for paragraphs (a) to (c) substitute—
“(a)the derivative contract is a loan-contract embedded derivative to which the company is treated as party by virtue of a creditor relationship of the company (“the original relationship”),
(b)the derivative contract is treated as an option by virtue of section 94A(3) of the Finance Act 1996,”.
(3) In sub-paragraph (2)(a) for “creditor relationship” substitute “original relationship”.
(4) For sub-paragraph (2)(f) substitute—
“(f)the original asset is not an existing asset.”.
(5) In sub-paragraph (3)(a) for “creditor relationship” substitute “original relationship”.
(6) In sub-paragraph (3A) for “paragraph” substitute “Schedule and Chapter 2 of Part 4 of the Finance Act 1996”.
(7) In sub-paragraph (8) for “creditor relationship” substitute “original relationship”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: