- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) On such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, the Commission—
(a)shall appoint a clerk to the Commission;
(b)shall appoint a superintendent of water bailiffs, together with such other water bailiffs as it thinks fit;
(c)may appoint a treasurer to the Commission; and
(d)may appoint such other persons to act in such capacities as it thinks fit.
(2) No person may hold the offices of clerk and treasurer at the same time.
(3) A person who is employed in any capacity by the Commission shall, for so long as that person is so employed, be disqualified from acting or voting as a Commissioner, or from representing or voting for any Commissioner, at any meeting of the Commission.
(4) Any person employed, immediately before the date on which this Order comes into force, by the Commissioners appointed under the Tweed Acts is transferred on that date to the employment of the Commission.
(5) The contract of employment of any person transferred under paragraph (4)—
(a)is not terminated by the transfer; and
(b)has effect from the date of transfer as if originally made between that person and the Commission.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: