- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
26. (1) No person shall undertake asbestos spraying or working procedures that involve using low-density (less than 1g/cm³) insulating or soundproofing materials which contain asbestos.
(2) Every employer shall ensure that no employees are exposed to asbestos during the extraction of asbestos.
(3) Every employer shall ensure that no employees are exposed to asbestos during the manufacture of asbestos products or of products containing intentionally added asbestos.
(4) In the case of chrysotile only, the prohibition in paragraph (3) is subject to the exception in paragraph 2 of Schedule 3.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: