- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
16. (1) Subject to regulations 17, 18 and 19, a penalty of up to £20,000 may be imposed by a coordinator by written notice served on any air carrier on each occasion on which that air carrier fails to comply with either of the duties set out in regulations 14 and 15(4).
(2) Subject to paragraph (3), each of the duties specified in regulations 14 and 15(4) shall be owed to the coordinator and shall not be actionable at the suit of any other person who suffers loss or is otherwise affected by breach of the duty or duties.
(3) The duty referred to in regulation 15(4) shall be owed by each air carrier to whom a direction is given to all persons likely to suffer loss or otherwise be affected by breach of the direction.
(4) No penalty may be imposed on any person pursuant to paragraph (1) and no other proceedings may be commenced under these Regulations in respect of any failure by any person to comply with either of the duties set out in regulations 14 and 15(4) to the extent that the person concerned demonstrates that the failure in question was beyond his reasonable control.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: