- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
15.—(1) A coordinator may issue a direction to any of the persons specified in paragraph (2) for the purpose of securing compliance by an air carrier with the duty set out in paragraph 14, subject to the conditions specified in paragraph (3).
(2) The persons referred to in paragraph (1) are—
(a)that air carrier;
(b)the managing body of an airport; and
(c)an air traffic services provider.
(3) The conditions referred to in paragraph (1) are that—
(a)in the case of a direction served upon the managing body of an airport or an air traffic services provider, the coordinator has first consulted that person; and
(b)the direction does not relate to an air traffic service required by—
(i)an arriving aircraft; or
(ii)a departing aircraft which has commenced push back from its stand.
(4) A person to whom a direction is issued shall comply with that direction except to the extent that, in his reasonable opinion, compliance would (or would be likely to)—
(a)conflict with any other requirement having the force of law including any applicable—
(i)airport by-laws; or
(ii)air traffic services licence, exemption, approval or designation;
(b)prejudice safety; or
(c)in the case of a direction served upon the managing body of an airport or an air traffic services provider, incur or increase any cost to or liability of that person.
(5) A person specified in paragraph (2) who receives a direction issued (or purporting to have been issued) by a coordinator pursuant to this regulation shall be entitled to assume that it has been lawfully and properly issued by that coordinator.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: