- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) A joint waste disposal authority may, in accordance with these Regulations, issue levies on its constituent councils to meet all liabilities falling to be discharged by it for which no provision is otherwise made.
(2) A levy on a constituent council shall be issued by giving the council a demand stating the date or dates on or before which a payment or payments in respect of the levy are required to be made and the amount of that payment or each of those payments.
(3) Subject to paragraph (4) the demand shall be given before 15th February in the financial year preceding that to which the levy relates.
(4) In relation to a levy for the financial year beginning on 1st April 2006, the demand shall be given before 3rd March 2006.
(5) The failure by a joint waste disposal authority to give a demand before the dates specified in paragraphs (3) and (4) shall not render the demand invalid because it is issued on or after those dates.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: