- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. This Chapter does not apply to noise from non-designated airports.
6. The competent authority for this Chapter is the Secretary of State.
7. (1) No later than 30th June 2007 the competent authority must make and, in accordance with regulation 23, adopt strategic noise maps showing the situation in the preceding calendar year for all—
(a)first round agglomerations;
(b)first round major roads;
(c)first round major railways; and
(2) No later than 30th June 2012, and thereafter every five years, the competent authority must make and, in accordance with regulation 23, adopt strategic noise maps showing the situation in the preceding calendar year for all—
(c)major railways; and
(3) From time to time, and whenever a major development occurs affecting the existing noise situation, the competent authority must—
(b)if necessary revise,
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: