- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
27.—(1) In this article “dock road” means any road, pier, jetty, wharf, quay, bridge, or other work which, or any land which lies within the harbour or elsewhere on Board operational premises and is accessible to mechanically propelled vehicles.
(2) Subject to the following provisions of this article, the following statutory provisions shall have effect as if references to a “road” or “highway” in those statutory provisions included a reference to a dock road—
(a)section 137 of the Highways Act 1980(1);
(b)parts VI and X of the Transport Act 1968(2);
(c)the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981(3);
(d)the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(4);
(e)sections 87, 88, 94, 94A, 96, 103, 105, 108 and 137 to 139 and Parts I, II, VI and VII of the Road Traffic Act 1988(5); and
(f)the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988(6).
(3) The functions exercisable by a highway authority or a local authority or a local highway authority under the enactments specified in paragraph (2) of this article and under any subordinate legislation made thereunder shall be conferred upon the Board in relation to any dock road.
(4) The term “Chief Officer of Police” used in those enactments, shall mean the Chief Officer of Police of the Board’s police force.
(5) In its application to dock roads references in the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to “the police fund” and “the general fund” shall be construed as references to “the Board’s general revenue account” and the Board shall be deemed to be the local authority of a district outside Greater London.
(6) Any person who commits an offence under any provision of an enactment having effect by or in pursuance of this article shall be liable to be dealt with in all respects as if the offence had been committed under such provision on or in relation to a road or highway to which such provision would apply in the absence of this article; and all the provisions of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 shall apply thereto accordingly.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: