Alterations and rectification
Alteration of name or address
34. (1) Any person may request that an alteration to his name or address—
(a)be entered in the register; or
(b)be made to any application or other document filed at the Patent Office.
(2) A request under paragraph (1) shall in relation to an alteration to—
(a)his name, be made on Form DF16A; and
(b)his address, be made on Form DF16A or in writing.
(3) Where the registrar has doubts about whether he should make the alteration to a name or address—
(a)he shall inform the person making the request of the reason for his doubts; and
(b)he may require that person to furnish evidence in support of the request.
(4) Where the registrar has no doubts (or no longer has doubts) about whether he should make the alteration, it shall be entered in the register or made to the application or document.
Notice of rectification of the register
35. (1) The prescribed manner of giving notice to the registrar for the purposes of section 20(3) is by giving written notice.
(2) The prescribed manner of service on the registrar for the purposes of section 20(4) is by filing a copy of the order at the Patent Office.