- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1.—(1) Section 25(2)(a) and (5) of the Act does not have effect in relation to any election where any person has become a candidate within the meaning of section 118A of the 1983 Act(1) before 11th September 2006.
(2) In sub-paragraph (1), “election” must be construed in accordance with section 202(1) of the 1983 Act(2).
2.—(1) This paragraph applies to section 27 of, and paragraphs 111, 112, and 116 to 119 of Schedule 1 to, the Act.
(2) The provisions to which this paragraph applies do not have effect in relation to any of the elections mentioned in sub-paragraph (3), where the day of the poll is on or before 3rd May 2007 (or, in the case of an uncontested election, would have been had the election been contested).
(3) The elections mentioned in this sub-paragraph are—
(a)a parliamentary by-election;
(b)an election under section 89 of the Local Government Act 1972(3) to fill a casual vacancy;
(c)an election under section 10 or 16 of the Greater London Authority Act 1999(4).
3.—(1) Paragraphs 4 to 7 make transitional provisions in relation to section 61 of, and Part 6 of Schedule 1 to, the Act.
(2) In those paragraphs, references to “sections” and to “Schedules” are references to the sections and Schedules inserted in the 2000 Act by the provisions of the Act mentioned in sub-paragraph (1) (except so far as the contrary intention appears).
4. In the period beginning on 11th September 2006 and ending on 31st December 2006, section 71M has effect as if—
(a)in subsection (1)—
(i)for “each year” there was substituted “2006”;
(ii)paragraphs (a) and (b) were omitted;
(iii)for paragraph (c), there were substituted—
“(c)11th to 30th September;”;
(b)in subsection (3), for the words “in that year” (as they appear in the definition of “relevant transaction”), there were substituted “in the period beginning on 11th September 2006 and ending on 31st December 2006”.
5.—(1) This paragraph applies to the first transaction report prepared under section 71M, so far as it relates to an existing transaction within the meaning of section 71O(3).
(2) Section 71M(9) has effect as if the words from “and is dealt with” to the end were omitted.
(3) Section 71N(3) has effect as if the words from “and in consequence” to the end were omitted.
(4) The following provisions do not have effect—
(a)section 71T(2)(a) and (d);
(b)paragraph 4(b) of Schedule 6A.
6.—(1) In the period beginning on 11th September 2006 and ending on 31st December 2006, paragraph 9 of Schedule 7A has effect as if in sub-paragraph (2)(b)(i), for “the same calendar year”, there were substituted “in the period beginning on 11th September 2006 and ending on 31st December 2006”.
(2) Sub-paragraph (1) does not apply to paragraph 9 of Schedule 7A where it has effect for the purposes of paragraph 14 of that Schedule.
7.—(1) This paragraph applies to a transaction report made in respect of an existing transaction by virtue of paragraph 14 of Schedule 7A.
(2) Paragraph 10(3)(d), (4)(e) of Schedule 7A has effect as if, in each case, the words from “and the date when” to the end were omitted.
(3) Paragraphs 11(7)(c) and 13 of Schedule 7A do not have effect.
(4) Paragraph 12(1) of Schedule 7A has effect as if—
(a)for “30 days” there were substituted “60 days”; and
(b)before paragraph (a), there were inserted “(as applied by paragraph 14(1))”.
8. In section 62(3A) of the 2000 Act, as inserted by paragraph 148(2) of Schedule 1 to the Act, a relevant transaction does not include an existing transaction within the meaning of section 71O(3) of the 2000 Act, as inserted by section 61 of the Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: