- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Design Right (Semiconductor Topographies) (Amendment) Regulations 2006 and shall come into force on 1st August 2006.
2. The Design Right (Semiconductor Topographies) Regulations 1989(1) shall be amended as follows.
3. For regulation 4(2) there shall be substituted—
“(2) Part III of the Act has effect as if for section 217(3) there was substituted the following—
“(3) In this section “qualifying country” means—
(a)the United Kingdom,
(b)another member State,
(c)the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, the Channel Islands or any colony,
(d)a country listed in the Schedule to the Design Right (Semiconductor Topographies) Regulations 1989.””.
4. For the Schedule to those Regulations (additional classes of qualifying persons)(2) there shall be substituted the Schedule (qualifying countries) set out in Schedule 1 to these Regulations (new schedule for the Design Right (Semiconductor Topographies) Regulations 1989).
5. The instruments set out in Schedule 2 (revocations) are revoked to the extent specified.
Sainsbury of Turville
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Science and Innovation
Department of Trade and Industry
10th July 2006
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: