- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
56. (1) Where a person fails to comply with a requirement imposed by or under this Order an inspector may take any steps he considers necessary to ensure the requirement is met.
(2) Where a person fails to comply with a requirement imposed by or under this Order an inspector may take any steps he considers necessary to rectify the situation so as to prevent the spread of disease.
(3) In taking steps under paragraph (1) or (2) an inspector may seize and detain any animal moved, kept or otherwise dealt with in contravention of a restriction or requirement imposed by or under this Order.
(4) In taking steps under paragraph (2), an inspector may by notice served on any person direct that person to take or refrain from specified action in respect of any place, animal, poultry, vehicle, animal product or other thing.
(5) The person in default shall reimburse any reasonable expenses incurred by the Secretary of State or the local authority in taking such steps and any such debt is recoverable summarily.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: