- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
17. In section 31A(1), for “(4)” there is substituted “(10)” and the following are inserted after subsection (4)—
“(5) “Provision, criterion or practice“ includes any arrangements.
(6) “Qualification“ means any authorisation, qualification, approval or certification conferred by a responsible body.
(7) “Discriminate, “discrimination” and other related expressions are to be construed in accordance with section 28S.
(8) “Harassment” is to be construed in accordance with section 28SA.
(9) References (however expressed) to the conferment of a qualification on a person by a responsible body include—
(i)the renewal or extension of a qualification, and
(ii)the authentication of a qualification awarded to him by another person.
(10) “Physical feature“, in relation to any premises, includes any of the following (whether permanent or temporary)—
(a)any feature arising from the design or construction of a building on the premises,
(b)any feature on the premises of any approach to, exit from or access to such a building,
(c)any fixtures, fittings, furnishings, furniture, equipment or material in or on the premises, and
(d)any other physical element or quality of any land comprised in the premises.”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: