- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
14. The following section is inserted after new section 28UB—
28UC.—(1) It is unlawful for a responsible body to publish or cause to be published an advertisement which—
(a)invites applications in relation to any course or student service provided or offered by it, or any qualification conferred by it, and
(b)indicates, or might reasonably be understood to indicate, that such an application will or may be determined to any extent by reference to—
(i)the applicant not having any disability, or any particular disability, or
(ii)any reluctance on the part of the person determining the application to comply with a duty imposed on it by section 28T.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply where it would not in fact be unlawful under this Chapter for an application to be determined in the manner indicated (or understood to be indicated) in the advertisement.
(3) In this section, “advertisement” includes every form of advertisement or notice, whether to the public or not.
(4) Proceedings in respect of a contravention of subsection (1) may be brought only—
(a)by the Commission for Equality and Human Rights, and
(b)in accordance with section 25 of the Equality Act 2006.”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: