- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (Amendment) (Further and Higher Education) Regulations 2006.
(2) These Regulations shall come into force on the day after that on which they are made so far as enabling anything to be done for the purposes of preparing and bringing into force on or after 1st September 2006 a code of practice under section 53A of the 1995 Act(1) concerning any provision of that Act as it will have effect on or after that date by virtue of these Regulations.
(3) Except as provided for by paragraph (2) and regulation 23, these Regulations shall come into force on 1st September 2006.
(4) These Regulations shall not extend to Northern Ireland.
2. In these Regulations “the 1995 Act” means the Disability Discrimination Act 1995(2).
3. Subsection (1A) of section 28V of the 1995 Act (inserted by regulation 15) applies in relation to a claim presented to a county court (or sheriff court, in Scotland) before the commencement date as well as one presented on or after that date; but it does not affect any claim which was determined by a county court (or sheriff court) before 1st September 2006.
4.—(1) The 1995 Act is amended as provided in Parts 2 to 6 of these Regulations, and the Equality Act is amended as provided in Part 7 of these Regulations.
(2) Part 8 of these Regulations makes transitory modifications to the 1995 Act.
Section 53A of the 1995 Act was inserted by section 9 of the 1999 Act and amended by section 36 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001 (c. 10). It was further amended by regulation 20 of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (Amendment) Regulations 2003 (S.I. 2003/1673), and by section 16(2) of, and paragraph 28 of Schedule 1 to, the Disability Discrimination Act 2005 (c. 13).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: