- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. The M marking consists of the capital letter “M” and the last two digits of the year of its affixing, surrounded by a rectangle. The height of the rectangle shall be equal to the height of the CE marking. The M marking shall immediately follow the CE marking.
3. The identification number of the notified body concerned shall follow the CE marking and the M marking.
4. When a relevant instrument consists of a set of devices operating together, the markings shall be affixed on the instrument’s main device.
5. The CE marking and the M marking shall be indelible. The identification number of the notified body concerned shall be indelible or self-destructive upon removal. All markings shall be clearly visible or easily accessible.
O.J. No. L220, 30.8.93, p.23.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: