- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
28.—(1) Schedule 7 to the Electricity Act 1989(1) (use etc. of electricity meters) shall have effect in its application to a meter which is a relevant instrument subject to paragraphs (2) to (4) below.
(2) If the meter is put into use within the meaning of and in accordance with these Regulations, it shall, for the purpose of paragraphs 2(1)(a), 3(1)(a) and 9(3) of the Schedule, be deemed to be of an approved pattern or construction and installed in an approved manner; and the following rules shall apply—
(a)for the purposes of paragraphs 2(1)(b) and 3(1)(b), the meter shall be deemed to be certified under paragraph 5;
(b)for the purpose of the application of paragraphs 7(1)(c) and (2) and 9(3) and (4), “prescribed margins of error” shall mean the maximum permissible error as set out in paragraph 15 of Schedule 1 to these Regulations.
(3) Paragraphs 5(2)(a) and 7(1)(b) of Schedule 7 must be disregarded.
(4) Paragraph (2)(a) above does not apply if the error of measurement of the meter exceeds the maximum permissible error as set out in paragraph 15 of Schedule 1 to these Regulations.
(5) If a meter which is a relevant instrument is put into use within the meaning of and in accordance with these Regulations—
(a)regulation 10 of the Meters (Certification) Regulations 1998(2); and
(b)regulation 3 of the Meters (Approval of Pattern or Construction and Manner of Installation) Regulations 1998(3),
shall not apply to the meter.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: