Citation, commencement, extent and application
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the National Health Service (Pre-consolidation Amendments) Order 2006 and shall come into force (in accordance with section 36(3) of the National Health Service Reform and Health Care Professions Act 2002) immediately before the National Health Service Act 2006 comes into force.
(2) This Order extends to England and Wales only.
(3) Paragraphs 3, 11(a) and (c), 17, 18, 20, 21 and 31 of Part 1 of Schedule 1 to this Order apply in relation to England only.
Amendments of the legislation relating to the health service in England and Wales
2. The legislation relating to the health service in England and Wales is amended in accordance with Schedule 1.
Repeals and revocations of legislation relating to the health service in England and Wales
3. The enactments specified in column 1 of Schedule 2 are repealed or revoked to the extent specified in column 2.
4. Nothing in any repeal, revocation or amendment made by this Order affects the validity of any determination in relation to remuneration in respect of services under Part 2 of the National Health Service Act 1977.
National Assembly for Wales (Transfer of Functions) Order 1999
5. In Schedule 1 to the National Assembly for Wales (Transfer of Functions) Order 1999, any reference to an Act which is amended by this Order is a reference to that Act as amended by this Order, except in relation to the substitution by paragraph 15 of Part 1 of Schedule 1 to this Order of section 28I of the National Health Service Act 1977.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State for Health
Minister of State,
Department of Health
25th May 2006