- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
22. (1) Section 98 (fairness of dismissal: general) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (2), after paragraph (b) insert—
“(ba)is retirement of the employee,”.
(3) After subsection (2) insert—
“(2A) Subsections (1) and (2) are subject to sections 98ZA to 98ZF.”.
(4) After subsection (3) insert—
“(3A) In any case where the employer has fulfilled the requirements of subsection (1) by showing that the reason (or the principal reason) for the dismissal is retirement of the employee, the question whether the dismissal is fair or unfair shall be determined in accordance with section 98ZG.”.
(5) In subsection (4) for “Where” substitute “In any other case where”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: