- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) In these Regulations, “qualified person” means a person who is an EEA national and in the United Kingdom as—
(c)a self-employed person;
(d)a self-sufficient person; or
(2) A person who is no longer working shall not cease to be treated as a worker for the purpose of paragraph (1)(b) if—
(a)he is temporarily unable to work as the result of an illness or accident;
(b)he is in duly recorded involuntary unemployment after having been employed in the United Kingdom, provided that he has registered as a jobseeker with the relevant employment office and—
(i)he was employed for one year or more before becoming unemployed;
(ii)he has been unemployed for no more than six months; or
(iii)he can provide evidence that he is seeking employment in the United Kingdom and has a genuine chance of being engaged;
(c)he is involuntarily unemployed and has embarked on vocational training; or
(d)he has voluntarily ceased working and embarked on vocational training that is related to his previous employment.
(3) A person who is no longer in self-employment shall not cease to be treated as a self-employed person for the purpose of paragraph (1)(c) if he is temporarily unable to pursue his activity as a self-employed person as the result of an illness or accident.
(4) For the purpose of paragraph (1)(a), “jobseeker” means a person who enters the United Kingdom in order to seek employment and can provide evidence that he is seeking employment and has a genuine chance of being engaged.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: