- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Criminal Justice Act 2003 (Commencement No.8 and Transitional and Saving Provisions) Order 2005.
(2) In this Order—
“the 2003 Act” means the Criminal Justice Act 2003;
“the Sentencing Act ” means the Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000(1).
2. (1) Subject to paragraph (2) and Schedule 2, the provisions of the 2003 Act specified in Schedule 1 shall come into force on 4th April 2005.
(2) In so far as they apply where a person aged 16 or 17 is convicted of an offence, sections 177 and 179 to 180 of and Schedules 8 and 9 to the 2003 Act (community orders) shall come into force on 4th April 2007.
3. (1) The provisions of the 2003 Act specified in paragraph (2) shall come into force on 18th April 2005.
(2) The provisions referred to in paragraph (1) are—
(a)section 96 (application of Part 10 to Northern Ireland);
(b)Part 2 of Schedule 5 (list of offences for Northern Ireland);
(c)in Schedule 36 (further minor and consequential amendments), paragraphs 91, 92(6) and 94.
4. (1) Subject to Schedule 2, the provisions of the 2003 Act specified in paragraph (2) shall come into force on 4th April 2007.
(2) The provisions referred to in paragraph (1) are paragraphs 99, 122, 123(3) and (5) (in so far as not already in force) and 125 of Schedule 32 (amendments relating to sentencing).
Scotland of Asthal, Q.C.
Minister of State
24th March 2005
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: