- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
27. (1) The authorised tramway shall be operated by electricity or, in an emergency or for the purposes of construction or maintenance, by diesel power or other means.
(2) The authorised tramway shall be constructed on a nominal gauge of 1,435 millimetres.
(3) Where a tramway is constructed along a street or in any place to which the public has access (including any place to which the public has access only on the making of a payment), the Executive shall take such care as in all the circumstances is reasonable to ensure that the tramway is constructed and maintained so that the street or other place is safe for other users.
(4) When considering what measures are required under paragraph (3), the Executive shall have particular regard to the character and usage of the street or other place and to those who could reasonably be expected to use it.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: