- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
42.—(1) Subject to paragraph (5), an appropriate authority may give directions to the regulator of a general or specific character with respect to the carrying out of any of their functions under these Regulations in relation to installations for which it is the appropriate authority.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the power conferred by paragraph (1), a direction under that paragraph may direct a regulator–
(a)to exercise any of their powers under these Regulations or to do so in such circumstances as may be specified in the directions or in such manner as may be so specified; or
(b)not to exercise those powers, or not to do so in such circumstances or such manner as may be specified in the directions.
(3) Any direction given under these Regulations shall be in writing and may be varied or revoked by a further direction.
(4) It shall be a duty of a regulator to comply with any direction which is given to it under these Regulations.
(5) This regulation shall not apply in respect of offshore installations.
43.—(1) An appropriate authority may issue guidance to a regulator with respect to the carrying out of any of their functions under these Regulations in relation to installations for which it is the appropriate authority.
(2) A regulator, in carrying out any of its functions under these Regulations, shall have regard to any guidance issued by the appropriate authority under this regulation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: