- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
26.—(1) This regulation applies whether notification is given by or on behalf of the producer or consignor.
(2) Notification of the relevant premises may be given in writing or by telephone.
(3) Notification may not without the consent of the Agency be given more than one month in advance of the effective time.
(4) The person giving notification shall provide to the Agency the following information—
(a)his name and address and details of how he can be contacted, and where he is giving notification on behalf of another person, the name and address of that person and details of how that person can be contacted;
(b)the address of the premises being notified;
(c)the classification of the premises in accordance with the SIC; and
(d)such other information as the Agency may reasonably require in connection with its functions of monitoring the movement of hazardous waste, or carrying out inspections pursuant to regulation 56 of these Regulations or paragraph 13 of Schedule 4 to the 1994 Regulations.
(5) If there are any changes in the information provided pursuant to paragraph (4) during the period of notification, the premises shall not be treated as notified until the Agency have received the updated information such that the requirements of paragraph (4) are met.
(6) The Agency may prescribe a model format for notifications of premises in writing and, where for the time being a format is prescribed pursuant to this paragraph—
(a)the Agency shall publish the model format on its website and in such other manner as it may consider appropriate for informing persons required to notify premises of its content; and
(b)the Agency shall not be obliged to consider any notification unless it is made in that model format, or in a format substantially to like effect.
(7) The person giving notification shall pay to the Agency the relevant fee payable in respect of the notification of premises at the same time as giving notification (but no fees are payable in relation to information provided pursuant to paragraph (5)).
(8) The Agency shall inform on request a person who is the holder of hazardous waste or who carries on the business of consigning or collecting hazardous waste whether any premises from which that person proposes to remove, cause to be removed or transport any hazardous waste are notified premises, and if so, the particulars held by the Agency concerning the person who notified the premises and the effective time of notification.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: