- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
2.—(1) This article applies to the provisions of section 48 of the Gaming Act 1968 specified in column 1 (which relate to fees charged in relation to those matters mentioned in column 2).
(2) Each of the provisions shall have effect as if for any reference in the provision to a column 3 sum there were substituted a reference to the sum specified in the associated entry in column 4.
(3) In paragraph (2), a “column 3 sum”, in relation to a provision, is a sum—
(a)specified in column 3, and
(b)which is referred to in that provision, but as that reference has effect by virtue of the relevant Gaming Act (Variation of Fees) Order.
(4) In paragraph (3), the reference to the relevant Gaming Act (Variation of Fees) Order is to—
(a)in the case of section 48(3)(g), the Gaming Act (Variation of Fees) Order 2004(1); and
(b)in the case of the other provisions, the Gaming Act (Variation of Fees) (England and Wales and Scotland) Order 2003(2).
(5) In this article a reference to a numbered column is to the column so numbered in the Schedule to this Order.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: