- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) Except with the approval in writing of the Secretary of State no member shall take or hold any interest in any property held or used for the purpose of the institution.
(2) A member who has any financial interest in the supply of work or goods to or for the purposes of the institution, any contract or proposed contract concerning the institution, or any other matter relating to the institution or who has any other interest of a description specified by the Corporation in any matter relating to the Institution shall—
(a)disclose to the Corporation the nature and extent of his interest; and
(b)if he is present at a meeting of the Corporation or of any committee of the Corporation at which such supply, contract or other matter is to be considered, shall not take part in the consideration or vote on any question with respect to it and shall not be counted in the quorum present at the meeting in relation to a resolution on which he is not entitled to vote.
(3) The Clerk to the Corporation shall maintain a register of the interests of the members of the Corporation which are disclosed to the Corporation, and the register shall be made available during normal office hours at the institution to any person wishing to inspect it.
(4) This clause shall not prevent the members of the Corporation considering and voting upon proposals for the Corporation to insure the members against liabilities incurred by them arising out of their office or the Corporation obtaining such insurance and paying the premium.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: