- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10. (1) All members of an adoption panel established before 30th December 2005 (referred to in this regulation as the “old adoption panel”) shall cease to hold office on that date.
(2) With effect from 30th December 2005 an adoption agency shall establish a new adoption panel in accordance with regulations 3 and 4.
(3) This paragraph applies where the term of office of a member of the old adoption panel was extended by the adoption agency in accordance with regulation 5A(1A) of the Adoption Agencies Regulations 1983(1).
(4) This paragraph applies where a member of the old adoption panel was in his first term of office as a member of the old adoption panel.
(5) A member of the old adoption panel who holds office immediately before 30th December 2005 may not hold office as a member of the new adoption panel of the same adoption agency—
(a)where paragraph (3) applies, for more than one term, not exceeding one year;
(b)where paragraph (4) applies, for more than two terms, each term not exceeding three years;
(c)in any other case, for more than one term, not exceeding three years.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: