- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. After section 131 insert—
131A—(1) A disclosure which satisfies the following three conditions is not to be taken to breach any restriction on the disclosure of information (however imposed).
(2) The first condition is that the information or other matter—
(a)causes the person making the disclosure ( the discloser) to know or suspect, or
(b)gives him reasonable grounds for knowing or suspecting, that another person has engaged in market abuse.
(3) The second condition is that the information or other matter disclosed came to the discloser in the course of his trade, profession, business or employment.
(4) The third condition is that the disclosure is made to the Authority or to a nominated officer as soon as is practicable after the information or other matter comes to the discloser.
(5) A disclosure to a nominated officer is a disclosure which is made to a person nominated by the discloser’s employer to receive disclosures under this section, and is made in the course of the discloser’s employment and in accordance with the procedure established by the employer for the purpose.
(6) For the purposes of this section, references to a person’s employer include any body, association or organisation (including a voluntary organisation) in connection with whose activities the person exercises a function (whether or not for gain or reward) and references to employment must be construed accordingly.”.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: