- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
47.—(1) The undertaker may, with the consent of the Secretary of State, sell, lease, charge or otherwise dispose of, on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, the whole or any part of the authorised works and any land held in connection therewith or the right to operate the works under this Order.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (1), the undertaker may enter into and carry into effect agreements with respect to any of the following matters, namely, the construction, maintenance, use and operation of the authorised works, or any part or parts of them, by any other person, and other matters incidental or subsidiary thereto or consequential thereon, and the defraying of, or the making of contributions towards, the cost of the matters aforesaid by the undertaker or any other person.
(3) Any agreement under paragraph (2) may provide, amongst other things, for the exercise of the powers of the undertaker in respect of the authorised works or any part or parts thereof, and for the transfer to any person of the authorised works or any part or parts thereof together with the rights and obligations of the undertaker in relation thereto.
(4) The exercise of the powers of any enactment by any person in pursuance of any sale, lease, charge or disposal under paragraph (1), or any agreement under paragraph (2), shall be subject to the same restrictions, liabilities and obligations as would apply under this Order if those powers were exercised by the undertaker.
(5) Nothing in section 15(2) of the Transport Act 1968 (restriction or alteration of charges) shall apply in relation to the operation of the busway system by any person other than the undertaker, but this paragraph is without prejudice to any provision with respect to charges that may be made in an agreement under paragraph (1) or (2).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: