- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. In section 12 of the Wimbledon and Putney Commons Act 1871 (appointment of Conservators), for “the Lord Chancellor” substitute “Secretary of State for the Home Department”.
2. In sections 58 and 58A of the Courts and Legal Services Act 1990 (conditional fee agreements), for “Secretary of State” in each place substitute “Lord Chancellor”.
3. In sections 2(3)(a), 7(9)(a), and 20(2) and (4) of the Human Rights Act 1998 (rules), before “the Secretary of State” insert “the Lord Chancellor or”.
4. In Parts 1 and 2 of the Access to Justice Act 1999 (funding of legal services), for “Secretary of State” substitute “Lord Chancellor” (and for “Secretary of State's” substitute “Lord Chancellor's”) in each place—
(a)in sections 1 to 6, 8, 9, 12 to 14, 16, 18 to 20, 23, 25 and 26,
(b)in section 28, in the inserted section 58B of the Courts and Legal Services Act 1990,
(c)in section 30, and
(d)in Schedules 1 and 3.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: