- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
1. This Order may be cited as the Road Traffic (Permitted Parking Area and Special Parking Area) (County of Surrey) (Borough of Elmbridge) Order 2005 and shall come into force on 9th January 2006.
2. In this Order—
“the 1984 Act” means the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984(1);
“the 1991 Act” means the Road Traffic Act 1991; and
“the parking area” means the area designated as a permitted parking area and as a special parking area by article 4 of this Order.
3. This Order applies to the whole of the borough of Elmbridge except—
(a)the entire length of the M25 within the borough; and
(b)the entire length of the A3 within the borough, including its on and off slip roads.
4. The Secretary of State hereby designates the area to which this Order applies as—
(a)a permitted parking area; and
(b)a special parking area.
5. Sections 66, 69 to 74, 78, 79 and 82 of, and Schedule 6 to, the 1991 Act, shall apply in relation to the parking area and as so applied shall have effect subject to the modifications specified in Schedule 1 to this Order.
6. The 1984 Act shall be modified in relation to the parking area as specified in Schedule 2 to this Order.
Signed by authority of the Secretary of State
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State
Department for Transport
8th December 2005
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: