- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
15th November 2005
Laid before Parliament
16th November 2005
Coming into force
17th November 2005
At the Court at Buckingham Palace, the 15th day of November 2005
The Queen’s Most Excellent Majesty in Council
Her Majesty, by virtue and in exercise of the powers vested in Her by section 112 of the Saint Helena Act 1833(1), the British Settlements Acts 1887 and 1945(2) and of all other powers enabling Her to do so, is pleased, by and with the advice of Her Privy Council, to order, and it is hereby ordered, as follows:—
1.—(1) This Order may be cited as the Overseas Territories (Zimbabwe) (Restrictive Measures) (Amendment) Order 2005 and shall come into force on 17 November 2005.
(2) In this Order “the principal Order” means the Overseas Territories (Zimbabwe) (Restrictive Measures) Order 2002(3).
2. In Article 2(1) of the principal Order the following definition shall be inserted in the appropriate place in alphabetical order:
““listed person” means any member of the Government of Zimbabwe or any natural or legal person, entity or body associated with them, as listed in the Annex (as modified from time to time) to Council Common Position 2004/161/CFSP, adopted by the Council of the European Union on 19 February 2004;”
3. After Article 2(3) of the principal Order the following new paragraph shall be inserted:
“(4) For the purpose of identifying a “listed person” referred to in paragraph (1), the Governor shall cause a notice containing the names and other particulars of such listed persons to be published in the Gazette of the Territory from time to time.”
4. In Articles 6(1), 7, 8(1), 10(1)(a)(i) and 10(2)(a) of the principal Order the words “person listed in Schedule 4 to this Order” shall be replaced by the words “listed person”.
5. In the heading of Article 7 of the principal Order the words “person listed in Schedule 4” shall be replaced by the words “listed person”.
6. Schedule 4 to the principal Order is revoked.
Clerk of the Privy Council
(This note is not part of the Order)
This Order amends the Overseas Territories (Zimbabwe) (Restrictive Measures) Order 2002 (S.I. 2002/1077) to replace the list of persons in Schedule 4 to the Order with a reference to the list set out in the Annex (as modified from time to time) to Council Common Position 2004/161/CFSP (OJ L 50, 20.2.2004, p.66). The list was last modified by Council Decision 2005/592/CFSP of 29 July 2005 (OJ L 200, 30.7.2005, p.98). As a result of the new definition of “listed person” future modifications to the list by the Council of the European Union will take effect immediately without requiring amendment of the Order.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: