- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Civil Partnership Act 2004 (Commencement No. 2) Order 2005.
(2) In this Order—
(a)“the Act” means the Civil Partnership Act 2004; and
(b)“the 1949 Act” means the Marriage Act 1949(1).
(3) This Order does not extend to the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
2. (1) The provisions of the Act specified in Schedule 1 to this Order shall come into force on 5th December 2005.
(2) Subject to paragraphs (3) to (5), Schedule 27 to the Act shall, in so far as it is not already in force, come into force on 5th December 2005.
(3) Paragraph 13(4) and (5) of Schedule 27 shall not be commenced by this Order.
(4) Paragraph 13(6) of Schedule 27 shall only be commenced so as to omit subsections (6) and (7) of section 1 of the 1949 Act, and only in so far as those subsections apply to Part 2 of Schedule 1 to the 1949 Act.
(5) Paragraph 17 of Schedule 27 shall only be commenced in so far as it substitutes Parts 1 and 2 of Schedule 1 to the 1949 Act.
(6) Subject to paragraph (7), Schedule 30 to the Act, except so far as relating to any Acts of the Scottish Parliament or any provision which extends to Northern Ireland only, shall come into force on 5th December 2005.
(7) The amendment of the 1949 Act in Schedule 30 shall only be commenced so as to repeal subsections (6) and (7) of section 1 of that Act, and only in so far as those subsections apply to Part 2 of Schedule 1 to that Act.
(8) Paragraph 13(2)(a) of Schedule 9 to the Act shall come into force on 5th December 2005 immediately after section 3 of the Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004(2) has come into force.
(9) Sections 75(2) and 79 of the Act shall come into force on 30th December 2005.
3. The provisions of the Act specified in Schedule 2 to this Order shall come into force on 5th December 2005.
Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Women and Equality
Department of Trade and Industry
14th November 2005
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: