- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
Regulations 7(1) and 9(5)
1. The name and address of the operator of the installation.
2. A description of the extent to which the duty holder has taken into account any matters raised by the Executive pursuant to regulations 6(1) and (4)(a) and 9(1) and (4).
3. A summary of how any safety representatives for that installation were consulted with regard to the revision, review or preparation of the safety case pursuant to regulation 23(2)(c)(i) of the Offshore Installations (Safety Representatives and Safety Committees) Regulations 1989(1).
4. A description, with suitable diagrams, of—
(a)the main and secondary structure of the installation and its materials;
(c)the layout and configuration of its plant;
(d)the connections to any pipeline or installation; and
(e)any wells connected or to be connected to the installation.
5. A suitable plan of the location of the installation and of anything connected to it, and particulars of—
(a)the meteorological and oceanographic conditions to which the installation may foreseeably be subjected; and
(b)the properties of the sea-bed and subsoil at its location.
6. Particulars of the types of operation, and activities in connection with an operation, which the installation is capable of performing.
7. The maximum number of persons—
(a)expected to be on the installation at any time; and
(b)for whom accommodation is to be provided.
8. Particulars of the plant and arrangements for the control of well operations, including those—
(a)to control pressure in a well;
(b)to prevent the uncontrolled release of hazardous substances; and
(c)to minimise the effects of damage to subsea equipment by drilling equipment.
9. A description of any pipeline with the potential to cause a major accident, including—
(a)the fluid which it conveys;
(b)its dimensions and layout;
(c)its contained volume at declared maximum allowable operating pressure; and
(d)any apparatus and works intended to secure safety,
together with a summary of the document prepared under regulation 23 of the Pipelines Safety Regulations 1996(2).
10. A description of how the duty holder has ensured, or will ensure, compliance with regulation 4(1) of the PFEER Regulations.
11. A description of arrangements made for protecting persons on the installation from toxic gas at all times other than during any period while they may need to remain on the installation following an incident which is beyond immediate control.
12. A description of the measures taken or to be taken or the arrangements made or to be made for the protection of persons on the installation from hazards of explosion, fire, heat, smoke, toxic gas or fumes during any period while they may need to remain on the installation following an incident which is beyond immediate control and for enabling such persons to be evacuated from the installation where necessary, including provision for—
(b)routes from locations where persons may be present to temporary refuge and for egress therefrom to points from where the installation may be evacuated;
(c)means of evacuation at those points; and
(d)facilities within temporary refuge for the monitoring and control of the incident and for organising evacuation.
13. A description of the main requirements in the specification for the design of the installation and its plant, which shall include—
(a)any limits for safe operation or use specified therein;
(b)a description of how the duty holder has ensured, or will ensure, compliance with regulation 4 of the Offshore Installations and Wells (Design and Construction, etc.) Regulations 1996;
(c)a description of how the duty holder has ensured, or will ensure, the suitability of the safety-critical elements; and
(d)a description of how the duty holder—
(i)where he is also the operator in relation to a pipeline, has ensured, or will ensure, compliance with regulation 11 of the Pipelines Safety Regulations 1996; or
(ii)where he is not also the operator in relation to a pipeline, has co-operated or will co-operate with the operator in relation to a pipeline to ensure compliance with regulation 11 of the Pipelines Safety Regulations 1996.
14. Particulars of any combined operations which may involve the installation, including—
(a)a summary of the arrangements in place for co-ordinating the management systems of all duty holders involved in any such combined operation;
(b)a summary of the arrangements in place for a joint review of the safety aspects of any such combined operation by all duty holders involved, which shall include the identification of hazards with the potential to cause a major accident and the assessment of risks which may arise during any such combined operation;
(c)the plant likely to be used during any such combined operation; and
(d)the likely impact any such combined operation may have on the installations involved.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: