- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. These Regulations may be cited as the Parental Responsibility Agreement (Amendment) Regulations 2005 and shall come into force on 30th December 2005.
2. The Parental Responsibility Agreement Regulations 1991(1) are amended in accordance with the following paragraphs.
3. For regulation 2 substitute—
“2. A parental responsibility agreement—
(a)under section 4(1)(b) of the Children Act 1989 (c. 41) (acquisition of parental responsibility by father), shall be made in form C(PRA1) set out in the Schedule to these Regulations; and
(b)under section 4A(1)(a) of that Act (acquisition of parental responsibility by step-parent), shall be made in form C(PRA2) set out in that Schedule.”.
4. In regulation 3—
(a)in paragraph (1), for “two copies” substitute “sufficient copies for each person with parental responsibility for the child”; and
(b)in paragraph (2), for “the child’s mother and one to the child’s father” substitute “each person with parental responsibility for the child”.
5. For the Schedule to the Parental Responsibility Agreement Regulations 1991 substitute the Schedule in the Schedule to these Regulations.
Falconer of Thoroton, C.
10th October 2005
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: