- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
18. (1) If, for the purposes of the authorised works, the undertaker requires easements or rights over any land referred to in article 16(1) it may—
(a)acquire them by compulsory purchase; or
(2) Where the undertaker acquires a right over land under paragraph (1) it shall not be required to acquire a greater interest in the land.
(3) Paragraph (2) is subject to section 8 of the 1965 Act, as substituted by paragraph 4 of Schedule 7.
(4) Where an easement or other right over land is created under paragraph (1)(b), Schedule 7 shall have effect for the purpose of modifying enactments relating to compensation and the provisions of the 1965 Act in their application to the compulsory acquisition of that easement or other right.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: