- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
18. (1) If, for the purposes of the authorised works, the undertaker requires easements or rights over any land referred to in article 16(1) it may—
(a)acquire them by compulsory purchase; or
(2) Where the undertaker acquires a right over land under paragraph (1) it shall not be required to acquire a greater interest in the land.
(3) Paragraph (2) is subject to section 8 of the 1965 Act, as substituted by paragraph 4 of Schedule 7.
(4) Where an easement or other right over land is created under paragraph (1)(b), Schedule 7 shall have effect for the purpose of modifying enactments relating to compensation and the provisions of the 1965 Act in their application to the compulsory acquisition of that easement or other right.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: