- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7.—(1) The licensing authority may and, where appropriate shall, subject to and in accordance with the relevant Community provisions, revoke, suspend or vary a traditional herbal registration for a traditional herbal medicinal product.
(2) The licensing authority may and, where appropriate, shall, subject to paragraph (3) and subject to and in accordance with the relevant Community provisions, by notice in writing to the holder of a traditional herbal registration for a traditional herbal medicinal product, forthwith or from a date specified in the notice, suspend the use, supply or marketing within the United Kingdom of the product to which the registration relates for a period specified in the notice.
(3) In any case where the relevant Community provisions permit or require the suspension of the use, supply or marketing of a product until some decision or similar action is taken by the Community, the licensing authority may, instead of specifying a period in the notice, provide that the suspension is to apply until further notice.
(4) Where the licensing authority, in accordance with paragraph (3), include a provision that the suspension is to apply until further notice, they shall, where the effect of the Community decision or action is that the product may continue to be used or, as the case may be, marketed, in the United Kingdom, promptly give the holder of the registration written notice revoking the suspension forthwith or from such date specified in the notice as to comply with that decision or action.
(5) Where, under the preceding provisions of this regulation the licensing authority revoke or suspend a traditional herbal registration, or where the licensing authority suspend the use, supply or marketing of a product, or where the relevant Community provisions so permit or require, the licensing authority may and, where appropriate, shall give written notice to the person who is or, immediately before its revocation or suspension, was the holder of the registration, requiring him to take all reasonably practicable steps to—
(a)inform wholesalers, retailers, medical practitioners, patients and others who may be in possession of relevant products of the revocation or suspension, the reasons for it, and the action (if any) to be taken to restrict or prevent further use, supply or marketing;
(b)withdraw from the market in the United Kingdom and recover possession of such products within the time and for the period specified in the notice.
(6) The licensing authority may require the holder of the traditional herbal registration to withdraw from the market in the United Kingdom specified batches only of a product to which a notice under paragraph (5) applies.
(7) Schedule 2 shall have effect to regulate the procedure for receiving advice and representations before revocation, variation or suspension of a traditional herbal registration, and for notifying the holder of that registration in accordance with the preceding provisions of this regulation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: