- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
24.—(1) It shall be the duty of the Secretary of State to enforce these Regulations.
(2) Where the Secretary of State serves a compliance notice on a producer under regulation 16, proceedings for an offence under regulation 23(1) shall not commence unless the time limit specified for compliance in the notice has expired.
(3) The Secretary of State shall not commence proceedings for an offence in Scotland.
(4) The Secretary of State may appoint one of the Environment Agencies to carry out her enforcement duties under these Regulations as follows:—
where the relevant person’s registered office or principal place of business is in —
England and Wales, the Environment Agency;
Scotland, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency; and
Northern Ireland, the Department of the Environment.
(5) For the purposes of paragraph (4), the relevant person means a producer or the owner or operator of an authorised treatment facility as the case may be.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: