- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10.—(1) Each producer shall establish a system for the collection of the vehicles for which he has declared responsibility for placing on the market under regulation 7, or for which the Secretary of State has ascribed responsibility to him under regulation 8, which the producer anticipates will become end-of-life vehicles.
(2) Each producer shall submit to the Secretary of State an application for approval of the system he has established for the collection of the vehicles referred to in paragraph (1) and where—
(a)a producer has declared responsibility for placing vehicles on the market under regulation 7(1), the application shall be made before 31st August 2005;
(b)a producer has declared responsibility for placing vehicles on the market under regulation 7(2), the application shall be made within six months of placing those vehicles on the market;
(c)the Secretary of State has ascribed responsibility to a producer in respect of vehicles placed on the market under regulation 8, the application shall be made within three months of the producer receiving notice of the Secretary of State’s decision.
(3) When submitting an application under paragraph (2), each producer shall submit to the Secretary of State details of the system for collection of vehicles, as set out in Schedule 3, which he has established to meet the obligation referred to in paragraph (1).
(4) Where there is a significant change in the details relating to the system for collection submitted by a producer under regulation 10(3), the producer shall inform the Secretary of State within 28 days of changing the details of the system for collection and submit a revised application for approval of his system for collection under paragraph (2).
(5) Where the Secretary of State believes that there is a significant change in the details relating to a producer’s system for collection which has been submitted in compliance with paragraph (3), she shall send him notice of his obligation to submit a revised application for approval under paragraph (2) within 28 days of his receipt of that notice.
(6) From 1st January 2007, where an end-of-life vehicle has no market value no charge shall be imposed on the last owner or holder of that end-of-life vehicle when it is delivered to a system for collection provided by the producer in compliance with his obligations under paragraph (1).
(7) The requirements of paragraph (6) shall not apply where the vehicle does not contain the essential components of a vehicle, in particular the engine, transmission, coachwork, wheels or catalytic converter, if a catalytic converter formed part of the vehicle when it was placed on the market, or contains waste which has been added to it.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: