- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7.—(1) The Agency has the function of monitoring the performance of enforcement authorities in enforcing relevant audit legislation.
(2) That function includes, in particular, setting standards of performance (whether for enforcement authorities generally or for particular authorities) in relation to the enforcement of any relevant audit legislation.
(3) Each annual report of the Agency shall contain a report on its activities during the year in enforcing any relevant audit legislation for which it is the enforcement authority and its performance in respect of —
(a)any standards under paragraph (2) that apply to those activities; and
(b)any objectives relating to those activities that are specified in the statement of objectives and practices under section 22 of the Food Standards Act 1999(1).
(4) The Agency may make a report to any other enforcement authority on their performance in enforcing any relevant audit legislation and such a report may include guidance as to action which the Agency considers would improve that performance.
(5) The Agency may direct an authority to which such a report has been made —
(a)to arrange for the publication in such manner as may be specified in the direction of, or of specified information relating to, the report; and
(b)within such period as may be so specified to notify the Agency of what action they have taken or propose to take in response to the report.
(6) Section 19 of the Food Standards Act 1999 shall apply in relation to information obtained through monitoring under this regulation as if it were information obtained through monitoring under section 12 of that Act.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: