- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
33. (1) Where the Secretary of State or the Agency learns or has reasonable grounds to suspect that any food or feed that has been or may be introduced into England from a third country is likely to constitute a serious risk to animal or public health, she or as the case may be it may by written declaration suspend, or impose conditions on, the introduction into England of any product from the whole or any part of that third country.
(2) Such a declaration shall be published in such manner as the Secretary of State or the Agency, as the case may be, thinks fit and shall specify the product and the third country or part thereof concerned.
(3) A declaration which imposes conditions on the introduction of any product from a third country or part thereof shall specify those conditions.
(4) Where a declaration is in force suspending the introduction of any product, no person shall introduce that product into England if it originates in the third country or part thereof specified in the declaration.
(5) Where a declaration is in force imposing conditions on the introduction of any product, no person shall introduce that product into England if it originates in the third country or part thereof specified in the declaration unless the product complies with conditions specified in the declaration.
(6) A declaration may be modified, suspended or revoked by a further written declaration published, so far as is practicable, in the same manner and to the same extent as the original declaration.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: