- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
7. (1) Subject to the provisions of this article, the undertaker may, for the purpose of or in connection with the carrying out or maintenance of the authorised works, stop up each of the streets specified in columns (1) and (2) of each Part of Schedule 3 to this order to the extent specified, by reference to the letters and numbers shown on the works plans, in column (3) of that Part.
(2) No street specified in columns (1) and (2) of Part 1 of Schedule 3 to this Order (being a street for which a substitute is to be provided) shall be wholly or partly stopped up under this article unless either—
(a)the new street to be substituted for it, and which is specified in relation to it in column (4) of that Part of that Schedule, has been completed to the reasonable satisfaction of the street authority and is open for use; or
(b)a temporary alternative route for the passage of such traffic as could have used the street to be stopped up is first provided and thereafter maintained by the undertaker to the reasonable satisfaction of the street authority between the commencement and termination points of the street to be stopped up until the completion of the new street in accordance with sub-paragraph (a).
(3) Where a street has been stopped up under this article the undertaker may, without making any payment, appropriate and use for the purpose of or in connection with the authorised works so much of the site of the street as is bounded on both sides by land owned by the undertaker or occupied by the undertaker pursuant to the provisions of this Order.
(4) Any person who suffers loss by the extinguishment or suspension of any private right of way under this article shall be entitled to compensation to be determined, in case of dispute, under Part I of the Land Compensation Act 1961(1).
(5) This article is subject to paragraph 2 of Schedule 11 to this Order.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: