- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
31.—(1) All private rights of way over land subject to compulsory acquisition under this Order shall be extinguished—
(a)as from the acquisition of the land by the undertaker, whether compulsorily or by agreement, or
(b)on the entry on the land by the undertaker under section 11(1) of the 1965 Act,
whichever is sooner.
(2) All private rights of way over land owned by the undertaker which, being within the limits of land to be acquired or used, is required for the purposes of this Order shall be extinguished on the appropriation of the land for any of those purposes by the undertaker.
(3) All private rights of way over land of which the undertaker takes temporary possession under this Order shall be suspended and unenforceable for as long as the undertaker remains in lawful possession of the land.
(4) Any person who suffers loss by the interference with any private right of way under this article shall be entitled to compensation to be determined, in case of dispute, under Part I of the Land Compensation Act 1961.
(5) This article does not apply in relation to any right of way to which section 271 or 272 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990(1) (extinguishment of rights of statutory undertakers etc.) or paragraph 2 of Schedule 11 to this Order applies.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: