- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
10.—(1) Subject to paragraph (5), any street to be constructed under this Order and not comprised within the tunnel crossing shall be completed to the reasonable satisfaction of the highway authority and shall, unless otherwise agreed, be maintained by and at the expense of the undertaker for a period of 12 months from its completion and at the expiry of that period by and at the expense of the highway authority.
(2) Subject to paragraph (5), where a street not comprised within the tunnel crossing is altered or diverted under this Order, the altered or diverted part of the street shall when completed to the reasonable satisfaction of the street authority, unless otherwise agreed, be maintained by and at the expense of the undertaker for a period of 12 months from its completion and at the expiry of that period by and at the expense of the street authority.
(3) Nothing in this article shall prejudice the operation of section 87 of the 1991 Act (prospectively maintainable highways) and the undertaker shall not by reason of any duty under this article to maintain a street be taken to be the street authority in relation to that street for the purposes of Part III of that Act.
(4) Nothing in this article shall have effect in relation to street works in respect of which the provisions of Part III of the 1991 Act apply.
(5) Nothing in this article shall operate to cause any street comprised in the tunnel crossing to be dedicated as highway unless the undertaker shall so elect.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Highways Act 1980 or the 1991 Act or in any other enactment, no person shall enter upon, break up or interfere with any of the tunnel roads or the carriageways, footways and verges of the same for the purpose of placing, laying down or doing anything in relation to any main pipe or wire or other apparatus or executing any work therein, thereon or thereunder, except with the consent of the undertaker and in accordance with such terms and conditions as the undertaker may determine.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: